Get answers to your questions about pain— published: 05-06-2013
Most of us will experience pain at some point in our lives, and Warfighters—in training or in theater—are obviously at an even greater risk. For that reason, pain management has become a priority for the military. Committed to being a comprehensive Warfighter resource, HPRC now has pain management information, tools, strategies, and resources. You’ll also find answers to some of the most common questions about pain, including:
- What is pain?
- Why do some people tolerate pain better than others?
- What is the difference between acute and chronic pain?
- What happens if pain becomes chronic?
- What sorts of things affect my pain?
- How do the DoD and VHA treat pain?