Questions from the Field
Articles researched and written by HPRC on topics you asked about.
These articles are researched and written by HPRC staff to answer questions about dietary supplements. Making an informed decision about supplement use can be difficult, and a bad decision could adversely affect health.
- Raspberry ketone
- Raspberry ketone is a food additive and aromatic compound now being sold as a dietary supplement/ingredient touted to reduce fat and weight. Find out the facts and the science behind it all.
- Phenphedrine is marketed as a weight-loss product. Where can I go to get information about this dietary supplement?
- Is whey protein the way to go?
- Whey protein is often referred to as the “king of proteins.” But are whey protein supplements the best option for muscle growth and recovery?
- Does quercetin improve endurance performance?
- Can quercetin—one of the most abundant flavonoids—affect endurance?
- Caffeine chewing gum
- Caffeine is known for its ability to enhance alertness. Can caffeine chewing gum do the same?
- What is the appropriate use of creatine by Warfighters?
- Creatine is a dietary compound that may help improve muscle mass if used properly in conjunction with proper training.