The most frequently asked questions about dietary supplements in general.
- What’s the scoop on OPSS?
- What are high-risk supplements?
- What is third-party certification?
- What are the “red flags” for supplements?
- Is there some way I can let FDA know that a supplement I’ve been taking is causing me problems?
- Is there a place where I can get a rating of the safety and effectiveness of a supplement?
- Is there an all-encompassing list of dietary supplements that are banned or illegal for use by military personnel?
- Why doesn’t FDA stop unsafe supplements from reaching the market?
- If dietary supplements sometimes contain untested and possibly dangerous ingredients, why do military bases sell them?
- What role should leadership play regarding dietary supplement use?
- What's the definition of a dietary supplement?
- How do I know if I’ve had an adverse event?
- Are there specific requirements for labeling of dietary supplement products?
- Does a CGMP or GMP seal or certification mean a dietary supplement product is safe or approved?