All services in the Department of Defense have personnel actively involved in diving operations. This section will address the issues of how to approach, manage and prevent diving illness and injuries.
- Divers Alert Network
- Committed to diver safety, the DAN provides medical information, educational opportunities, and safety resources for divers.
- Diving Program Manuals
- The Naval Sea Systems Command has various diving manuals and instructions available here.
- Hyperbaric Medicine at Duke University
- The Center serves the United States Armed Forces as well as the Environmental Protection Agency and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Naval Submarine Medical Research Laboratory (NSMRL)
- This site provides information on research in the undersea environment with an overall mission to protect health and enhance performance of Warfighters.
- Navy Experimental Dive Unit
- The research and development conducted at this unit tests and evaluates diving, hyperbaric, and other life-support systems necessary for the diver.
- PADI Diving Society
- Visit the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) website to learn more about the organization, courses, gear, and other scuba information
- Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine Society
- The UHMS is the primary source of scientific information for diving and hyperbaric medicine physiology worldwide.