For Children and Teens
- Military Families Near and Far
- This website is a partnership between the DoD and Sesame Street that children of military families can use themselves. It includes resources for pre-school children, school-age children, and families.
- Separations Are Hard
- This interactive booklet from Operation R.E.A.D.Y helps children between the ages six and eight cope with deployment. Activities allow children to remain involved in the lives of their deployed parent and at the same time maintain a strong connection with the at-home parent.
- Separations Happen
- This booklet is intended for teens to help them communicate better with their families, cope with separation, and handle emotional expectations during the reunion stage—from Operation R.E.A.D.Y.
- The “SOFAR” Guide – Talking with Your Child About Deployment and War
- From the Strategic Outreach to Families of All Reservists (SOFAR), Chapter 6 (pg 18-20) of this deployment guide contains information on the importance of family rituals and how to maintain them throughout deployment and during reintegration.