- Courage to Care for Me: Tips for Caring for Your Newborn and Yourself
- From the Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress (CSTS), this brochure includes what military parents should expect with a newborn, tips for helping you and your baby settle in together, important health conditions you should be aware of as a parent, and tips for remembering to take care of yourself.
- Teens & Deployment: What to Expect and How to Help
- This section of the Real Warriors website provides information about what to expect from your teen, with tips to help you prepare your teens for a parent’s deployment. It also includes information about coping during and after deployment.
- Talking to Your Kids About War
- The Navy’s Combat and Operational Stress program has information about how to talk to your kids about war and what the absent parent is going, with tips by age group.
- Preparing Children for Deployment
- The Real Warriors website has a section on preparing children for deployment. They give tips such as letting your children know you love them unconditionally, helping them establish a sense of belonging and security, and providing strategies that you can use with your spouse and your children.