Getting through deployment can be a daunting task for all involved, but especially for children. These resources are for parents who want to help their children deal with deployment.
- Honoring our Babies and Toddlers
- This is a guide to supporting young children affected by military deployment, injury, or death provided by Zero To Three (National Center for Infants, Toddlers and Families). The guide describes situations a family and their baby/toddler may experience during deployment and ways to help children cope. It also points out signs for when a parent should seek additional support.
- 10 Things Military Teens Want You to Know
- The National Military Family Association has created this18-page booklet describing ten key areas that influence military youth, highlighting each with quotes and providing pertinent information, helpful tips, and resources for more information.
- Teens & Deployment: What to Expect and How to Help
- This section of the Real Warriors website provides information about what to expect from your teen, with tips to help your teen after a parent returns from deployment.