The following programs and websites can help you find programs that are aimed at enhancing family resilience. For information on the effectiveness of a specific military family program, check out Penn State’s Clearinghouse for Military Family Readiness, where they describe and rate different programs).
- FOCUS: Family Resiliency Training for Military Families
- FOCUS (Families OverComing Under Stress) provides in-person resiliency training to military children and families affected by deployment. Parents and children learn to use tools and techniques to better prepare themselves for future deployments, how to understand their emotions better, and methods to optimize how they communicate with one another.
- Sesame Street for Military Families
- Sesame Street has resources and tools focused on deployments and homecomings that are available on CD and DVD from Military OneSource.
- Military OneSource: Branch Support Services
- Each service has its own family support resources that provide numerous family-oriented programs and help, such as new parent support, children and teen programs, and many more. Military OneSource provides a list with links to numerous websites for each branch of the Armed Forces.
- The Clearinghouse for Military Family Readiness
- Learn about the Clearinghouse for Military Family Readiness, a resource for professionals who work with military families.