Tools, Apps, & Videos
These tools, apps, and videos can help you and your family be—or work towards being—resilient.
- FOCUS World
- If you are not near an installation with a FOCUS program, FOCUS offers online educational activities for families. Parents can watch videos, download handouts, and participate in private online chats with family members when deployed.
- Parenting Confidence Assessment
- Afterdeployment.org has an online anonymous assessment that helps you evaluate your satisfaction and confidence as a parent. They provide feedback for how to improve parenting.
- Caregiver Stress Assessment
- Afterdeployment.org has an online anonymous assessment that helps you assess your stress as a caregiver of a loved one. They provide feedback for how to improve parenting.
- Sesame Street for Military Families App
- Sesame Street has created an App for military families that provides (bilingual) information that gives you tools, activities, parent guides, and other information to support your young children through different stages of military life.
- Military Kids Connect
- Military Kids Connect is an interactive website sponsored by the Department of Defense to help children of military parents. They have interactive videos, activities, games, scrapbooking, stamps, an online message board, and even an avatar.
- Military Kids Connect—Parents
- Military Kids Connect is an interactive website sponsored by the Department of Defense that includes information for parents to help their young children, tweens, and teens cope with military life. There is also a section for educators.
- Military Families Resources for Young Children - Apps
- Sesame Street for Military Families offers 3 free apps for military kids. Feel Electric! provides games and opportunities for young children to explore their emotions. The Big Moving Adventure guides little ones through moving and relocation. And Breathe, Think, Do with Sesame helps kids learn to stay calm and cope with everyday problems.
- FOCUS on the Go!
- FOCUS on the Go! is a fun way for children to learn about and practice sharing their feelings. There are specific tools that families can use to learn how to manage stress well. Download the apps for both Apple and iTunes from this page.