Tools, Apps, & Videos
This section provides interactive tools you and your family can use on your quest for optimal physical fitness.
- CDC Adult BMI Calculator
- Body mass index (BMI) is a commonly used general measure for overall health. It is a measure that uses the weight and height of a person to estimate “size.” It is not as accurate as body fat measurements, but it does provide an easy-to-obtain estimate of weight status. For information on what a healthy weight is, check out this CDC webpage.
- Physical Activity Calorie Counter
- Calculate the calories you burn. This calculator from the American Council on Exercise allows you to put in your body weight, activity, and time spent to estimate how many calories you burned.
- Exercise is Medicine Exercise Assessments
- Exercise is Medicine, a partner of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), has an area of their website where you'll find assessments and workouts.
- NOFFS Virtual Trainer
- Navy Fitness, Sports and Deployed Forces Support has a section of their website for the Navy Operational Fitness and Fueling Series, which has an interactive “Virtual Trainer,” with four easy steps to help you get started on your fitness goals.
- NOFFS Movement Library
- Navy Fitness, Sports and Deployed Forces Support has an online library where you can find instructions for how to do a variety of exercises and stretches in categories such as pillar prep, movement, strength training, recovery, and cardio conditioning.