Tools, Apps, & Videos
- USDA Calorie Counter
- This online tool allows you to type in the name of a food, and it returns basic nutritional information from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference.
- NOFFS Fueling Series: Virtual Meal Builder
- The Navy Operational Fitness and Fueling Series helps make it easy to stay fit with this daily menu planner. Just enter your gender, weight goal (lose, maintain, or gain), and age range, and the program provides dietary information for daily meal planning.
- My Fats Translator
- In order to know how much to eat to maintain a healthy weight or to lose weight, you need to know your daily caloric and fats needs. The American Heart Association’s free calculator allows you to enter your weight, height, age, sex, and activity level in order to calculate your estimated daily caloric needs and fats limits to maintain your weight.
- How to calculate your specific nutritional needs
- For information on how to calculate your specific nutritional needs, check out these resources.