Military Family Skills/Resources
It's well known that the military family deals with unique challenges and therefore requires special skill sets. This section provides tips, articles, and handouts on family performance optimization grouped by distinct phase of deployment: pre-deployment, deployment, reintegration, and post-deployment.
"Family readiness is imperative for service member readiness; therefore the emotional well-being and mental health of service members are linked to those of their families. Family well-being affects a service member's entire career from recruitment to retention to retirement." –The National Military Family Association (NMFA), 2006
This section provides tips, articles, and handouts on how to optimize family relationships. The information is organized by phases: pre-deployment, deployment, and reintegration.
- How to optimize family relationships before deployment—for families, couples and parents, and children.
- How to optimize family relationships during deployment—for families and couples and for taking care of yourself.
- Returning Home/Reintegration
- How to optimize family relationships after deployment when Warfighters return home and reintegrate into the family.
- Information on possible outcomes from deployment and suggestions for optimal support.