Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) is a serious condition that affects you mentally and physically. Learn about TBI here with interactive websites, information about rehabilitation, and learning skills.
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injury [PDF]
- Afterdeployment.org addresses mild traumatic brain injury in this manual, which includes how to live and thrive after a concussion by resolving to get better, educating yourself, create healthy habits, learning skills for managing your symptoms, valuing safety, and connecting with your support system.
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Pocket Guide [PDF]
- The Defense Centers for Excellence in Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury created this pocket guide that includes strategies and suggestions for rehabilitation. TBI is a serious physical as well as mental injury, so it’s important to consult a healthcare professional before attempting any kind of treatment.
- Traumatic Brain Injury: The Journey Home
- The Center of Excellence for Medical Multimedia has interactive information on traumatic brain injury, including an “interactive brain,” information on mild and moderate to severe TBI, information for caregivers, and links to more information.
- Improving Memory After Concussion
- Concussion or mild TBIs can often impair memory function. Learn practical tips from the Defense Centers of Excellence for improving memory.