Mind-Body Apps, Tools, and Videos
You can use these tools, apps, and videos to practice different mind-body skills.
- Breathing Exercises for Optimized Performance
- HPRC's instructional video demonstrates three breathing strategies for human performance optimization: Deep Breathing, Alternate Nostril Breathing, and Fast-Paced Breathing. A longer version is also available to practice along with the instructor.
- Meditation & Mindfulness [MP3]
- Mindfulness meditation helps you focus on what is happening in the present. The Naval Medical Center San Diego’s Mind-Body Medicine page offers this audio file for relaxation meditation. The idea is that you can gain a better understanding of your body, your thoughts, and your surroundings as a way to accept the world. The payoffs can be improved well-being, attention, memory, mood, and relaxation.
- Walking down the Stairs [Video]
- Loyola University created this video using imagery of walking down stairs as an example of a guided imagery practice.