Preconception to Adolescence
Nutrition needs change from preconception to adolescence. Learn more about making the right choices to be healthy during whatever stage you and your family are in.
- Healthy Living for Children and Families [PDF]
- This downloadable card from HPRC provides information for raising healthy kids.
- Nutrition Guide – Nutrition from Preconception to the Teen Years [PDF]
- This Nutrition Guide from Navy Fitness presents information about nutritional needs during pregnancy, birth, infancy, childhood, and teen years. (Note that it mentions the USDA’s My Pyramid, which has since been replaced with MyPlate.)
- Raise healthy eaters—Part 1: For kids 2–18
- It’s important to teach children about acceptable eating behaviors and how to control their eating impulses. In this two-part series, HPRC offers tips to help your kids eat healthy.
- Raise healthy eaters—Part 2: Age-specific tips
- Part 2 of HPRC’s “healthy eater” series explores age-specific tips to get your kids to eat healthy.