Questions from the Field
These articles are researched and written by HPRC to answer questions on popular or potentially confusing issues related to nutrition.
- Eating Disorders: Know the symptoms and risks
- Eating disorders can pose many dangers for the Warfighter. Learn how to spot the signs, symptoms, and risks associated with these complex conditions.
- Vegetarian diets—the basics
- A well-planned vegetarian diet can meet all your nutritional needs, if you take care not to fall short on a few key nutrients. You do need to take special care to ensure you don’t fall short on a few key nutrients.
- Protein requirements
- What are the side effects of consuming too much protein?
- Omega-3 fatty acids in food
- Omega-3 fatty acids can be found in a wide variety of food sources.
- Iron deficiency
- Not having enough iron in one's blood can stem from one of three main reasons.
- How should I fuel up on CHO before a workout?
- Is it better to eat carbs the night before a workout or in the morning?
- Whey Protein
- Is there a place for whey protein in human performance optimization?
- Functional foods
- Research on "functional foods" is complicated by the lack of an agreed-upon definition.
- Staying hydrated during exercise
- Staying hydrated is crucial for optimal performance. But how much should you drink, and when?