These tools offer quick and easy resources for planning and sticking to a fitness plan to achieve optimal performance.
- Physical Activity Calorie Calculator
- This is an easy-to use-calculator to determine the number of calories you burn when performing physical activity. Simply choose from the drop-down list to see what you are expending during your workouts!
- Body Mass Index Calculator
- Plug in your height and weight and let this calculator figure out what your BMI is, and help keep you on track for health.
- Use this online, interactive set of tools from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s MyPlate program to help track your physical activity and diet habits to keep you on track to your health and wellness goals.
- Exercising for a Healthy Life
- Learn about the benefits of exercise and how it impacts your emotional and physical health in this interactive tutorial from the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health.
- Muscles & Muscular Injuries
- An interactive online tool from the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health. Learn about the different types of muscles you have, common muscle injuries how they impact your physical performance.
- Healthy Living Tools
- Use this tool from the American Council on Exercise to find your target heart rate when doing aerobic exercise. Your heart rate is an important measure of exercise intensity. Note: If you are not in shape, are taking medication, or have a health condition, always check with your healthcare provider before applying the target heart rate range in your workouts.
- Wet Foot Test [PDF]
- Check out these step-by-step instructions on how to conduct a wet foot test, which will help determine your foot type and arch characteristics. Knowing your foot type is helpful when buying running shoes, boots, and other athletic footwear.
- Performance Triad App
- Check out the new Performance Triad app to get the latest information on how to improve your sleep, physical activity and nutrition behaviors. The app is available for the iPhone, Android and Windows phones.