Gear has to be up to the challenge of both meeting the performance needs of Warfighters and safeguarding them against injury.
- Minimalist running shoes revisited
- Are barefoot-style/minimalist running shoes effective and safe?
- The future of body armor
- Carrying heavy loads, notably body armor and equipment, is taking a toll on Warfighters. A recent report examines the issues related to reducing body armor weight while preserving safety.
- How to Conduct a Wet Foot Test [PPT]
- Results of this test provide information on arches of the foot and recommendations on shoe selection.
- Efficacy of Pro Mask for Enhancing Aerobic Exercise Training [PDF]
- USARIEM and HPRC provide the facts on using commercial devices, including the Pro Mask, during exercise to improve respiratory muscle function.
- Female Improved Outer Tactical Vest [PPT]
- This is a PowerPoint on the IOTV, including a system description, capabilities, and improvements designed to protect the female soldier.