Carrying extra weight has many downsides: It not only impairs your self-image, but it also hinders your athletic performance, puts you at the risk for injury during training or executing mission demands, leads to disease, and contributes to the aging process. What’s the best way to lose weight? Check out the resources here for more information.
- Exercise is Medicine
- This American Council on Sports Medicine (ACSM) exercise program is aimed at making physical activity and exercise a standard part of disease prevention and medical treatment in the United States.
- Service-Specific Resources
- Read more about your service branches policies and resources for weight management.
- Optimal Body Weight (OBW) Calculator
- Determine if your body weight falls within a healthy range for your body size.
- Ripped Fuel
- Is Ripped Fuel safe to use?
- Weight Management
- This tutorial, from the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health, offers information on the importance of maintaining a healthy weight, as well as tips on losing weight through exercise and guidance on making healthy eating decisions.