Families & Deployment
The military family deals with unique challenges and therefore needs special skill sets. This section provides tips, articles, handouts, and other web-accessible resources on family performance optimization grouped by phase of deployment: pre-deployment, deployment, reintegration, and post-deployment.
"Family readiness is imperative for service member readiness; therefore the emotional well-being and mental health of service members are linked to those of their families. Family well-being affects a service member's entire career from recruitment to retention to retirement." –The National Military Family Association (NMFA), 2006
- These resources will help families, couples, parents, and children optimize family relationships before deployment.
- This section has information on to optimize family relationships during deployment—for families, couples, parents, children, and yourself.
- Returning Home/Reintegration
- It’s essential to optimize family relationships after deployment when Warfighters return home and need to reintegrate into the family.
- Deployment sometimes leads to outcomes that need extra support. These resources can help families and significant others cope with serious, persistent problems.