Most Warfighters experience pain at some point in their careers. For some Warfighters pain is temporary, but for many others it’s a long or even chronic experience. Sometimes the treatment of pain is relatively simple. Other times pain needs to be treated or managed by healthcare providers.
This section of HPRC’s website contains resources to help you manage your pain. It also will keep you up-to-date with what the DoD and Veterans Health Administration (VHA) are doing to improve the treatment and management of pain.
For information geared towards healthcare providers, check out the Defense & Veterans Center for Integrative Pain Management website. Their mission is to improve pain management and its treatment in military and civilian medicine.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently asked questions about pain and pain management.
- Self-Care Strategies
- In this section you'll find pain treatments you can do on your own, or after some minor coaching from a healthcare provider.
- Healthcare Provider Strategies
- In this section you'll find strategies to discuss with your healthcare provider for how to manage pain.
- Interactive Resources
- This section provides links to questionnaires, assessments, and other tools you can use to monitor and help manage your pain. Some may be helpful to track your pain over time and/or give to your healthcare providers. Others offer information and support.
- Websites, tools, programs, and reports on pain management.